PROFESSOR Kimitaka Kawamura
1. July 2001, Academic Award of The Japanese Association of Organic Geochemists.
2. October 2002, Meteorological Society of Japan Horiuchi Award.
3. June 2005, The Geochemical Society of Japan Award.
4. March 2007, Nissan Science Foundation. 2007 Nissan Science Award.
5. December 2008, Geochemistry Research Association. The 36th Miyake Award.
6. November 2013, 2013 Haagen-Smit Prize.
7. November 2013, Dr. Honoris Cause, Aix-Marseille University.
8. March 2014, Hokkaido University President's Award for Outstanding Research.
9. May 2016, Elected as one of the most influential researchers of Japan according data of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Publications for the period of 2009-2015.
10. December 2016, Certificate for Highly Cited Research in Marine Chemistry, Awarded December, 2016 to K. Kawamura in recognition of the contribution to the quality of the journal made by: Dicarboxylic acids, ketocarboxylic acids and glyoxal in the marine aerosols collected during a round-the-world cruise, paper published in 2013 and cited in 2014/2015 up until June 2016 according data from Scopus.
11.March 2017, Elected as Geochemical Fellow 2017 of the Geochemical Society and European Association of Geochemistry.
12.March 2018, Elected as Honorary Professor of Tianjin University, China.
13.December 2018, Elected as AGU Fellow
14. June 2020 Selected as ES&Tfs best paper of 2019